CANDY CANE BLOSSOMS
CANDY CANE BLOSSOMS…the most festive cookies on your holiday cookie platter!
CANDY CANE BLOSSOMS
If you have not discovered Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses yet you are truly missing out. I have been chopping them up and using them as a topping on cakes and cupcakes (recipes to come) and handing them out to my kids as rewards left and right lately. I am really excited as I found a Christmas cookie recipe that places these scrumptious little morsels at the center of their recipe….Candy Cane Blossoms! If you need a cookie that stands out as the “festive” one on your holiday cookie platter then please…look no further! This cookie has the sprinkles, this cookie has the flavor, but best of all this cookie has the Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses! This was a favorite among my kids to make this year as they got to get down and dirty and roll the sugar cookie dough into colorful sprinkles! After the cookies have baked you get to gently press the Hershey Candy Cane Kiss into the center of the cookie. Candy Cane Blossoms are fun for the whole family to make….and guess what…they are fun for the whole family to eat too!!!!!
- 24 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (about one bag)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red & Green colored sprinkles/sugar and any other festive sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove wrappers from all Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses & set aside
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla and egg and mix until well blended.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternatively with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red or green sprinkles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is "set".
- Remove from oven; cool for about 2-3 minutes. Press a Hershey's Candy Cane Kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- * If you find dough is too dry you can add a tablespoon more milk.
- ** Makes about 2 dozen cookies