CHOCOLATE GANACHE BUNDT CAKE
Favorite Holiday Cake Ever….Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake !
Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake
This Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake is the perfect holiday cake! I am serious…look no further…you have hit the jack pot! This is one of those recipes that I received from a friend of a friend. I can tell you that I did not create this recipe, but in fact it was handed down to my from a woman by the name of Sandra. Sandra…I could kiss you! This has been my “go to” holiday cake for the last two years. The Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake is moist, delicious, easy to make…oh and did I mention the whole things is covered in a heavenly home-made chocolate ganache?!?! The reason why it is so simple and easy to make is because it starts from a boxed cake mix. Yes, that is right…I said it…it comes from a boxed cake mix. I am not ashamed to say it! I have actually found that the BEST cakes come from recipes that start with a boxed cake mix and then you add other ingredients to it. For the Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake you add pudding mix and sour cream which makes this cake divine! Then you add some chocolate chips to the batter for texture. Once the cake has baked and cooled you can take an “un-used” pencil or something else (clean please) and poke holes half way through the cake. Then you pour the unearthly chocolate ganache over the top of the whole cake and it seeps into the holes. I like to sprinkle chopped up Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses on the top of this cake which makes it extra Christmasy. I will have made this cake a total of three times this season: my kids holiday bake sale, December family birthdays, and will make them as cupcakes (recipe to come) for a holiday cookie decorating party. I promise you everyone will love this Chocolate Ganache Cake and it will become part of your holiday baking tradition!
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli for this cake)
- 1/2 cup rough chopped Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (good quality), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temp
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is "springy" to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least 1 1/2 hours before inverting onto a plate.
- Poke holes in cooled bundt cake and pour ganache over top letting it fill the poked holes and also the large center hole.
- Sprinkle top of cake with Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Place cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour over chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly before using.
- If not making for the holidays can top cake with chocolate chips.
- For a less rich cake you can omit the chocolate ganache and sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.