DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES you will never go “pudding less” again!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES
Do you like cookies? Do you like chocolate? Do you like pudding? If you answered “yes” to these questions then do I have the cookies for you!!! If you have been searching recipes on Pinterest lately for cookies then you know that all the craze is mixing pudding into the batter of your cookies. These are now called pudding cookies! I was not certain what all the fuss was over these pudding cookies so a few months back I made some of my own. I made a red, white and blue M&M pudding cookie for Labor Day. I brought them to a party and they did not last all but 10 minutes. So many people were coming up to me asking me for the recipe. They were wondering what my secret was to get such soft baked cookies. I let them know that these were pudding cookies!
Around Christmas time I choose twelve different kinds of cookies to bake. About four or so of these twelve I keep the same every year, but the other 8 I like to search and search to find the perfect recipes. Naturally, this year I just knew I had to find a pudding cookie recipe. I came across this recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies on Pinterest posted by, CenterCutCook. I was missing something chocolatey on this years cookie list so these cookies were the perfect fit. I am going to let you in on a little secret….I usually do not eat my own Christmas cookies. My kids and husband are usually my “guinea pigs” and I let them sample each different cookie after I make them. For one of the first times every my four kids were speechless!!! While they ate these Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies the only sounds coming from their mouths were “mmmmm’s” and “yummmmm’s”! Well let me tell you my children being speechless is close to a miracle so I knew these cookies had to be heavenly!!!! I had to try one for myself! Since it is the holiday season and the time of year I like to call “watch mommy gain 10 lbs in a month” I chose to cut one in half. Well that was for nothing, because 30 seconds after devouring the first half I went back for the second half!
These cookies…these cookies….these wonderful, wonderful cookies! They have just a tiny crunch on the outside, but the inside is ooeey, gooey and chocolatey! The cookies remain super thick even after baking and cooking. Adding the dry pudding mix to the cookie batter makes the cookies super soft and extra thick. Are these a cookie are they a brownie…who cares they are utter BLISS! Do you need a cookie for Christmas baking? A cookie to bring to a party? Heck…you don’t need a reason to make these cookies…just make them! Try them today….the proof is in the pudding…or shall I say the proof is in the pudding cookies?!?!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 - 3.4ounce instant chocolate pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in the dry pudding mix and combine well.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- * I found that once I added the chocolate chips it was hard to "fold" them into the dough. I actually used my hands to mix the chocolate chips in...almost like kneading them into the dough.
- ** I placed a layer of parchment paper over my baking sheet and then placed each dough ball on top of the parchment paper. The cookies don't stick to the pan!!!